WORD(S).

Words themselves are always valid, it is in the context where the fun begins.
-gcb

My gang sign is a love sign!

Friday, April 13, 2012

Rant List (Sorta)



In No Particular Order and Inconclusive



Being blindsided by what caused
me to open up makes
me prefer a closed fist 
than a bitch slap.

With the judgment of a Christian and 
a razor sharp tongue, 
I am complimented then dismissed.

PTSD is the continual gift 
of a tepid spirit.

He told me to look at 
the positive side of things, I 
thought I was becoming a better liar.

My first experience with poetry is 
when I figured out my sibling disguised 
her hatred for me in 
her I love you(s).

Death is the closest yet still 
not an acceptable form of 
abandonment.

I’m failing 
at ignoring being ignored, 
I leave too much evidence.

The inner conflict of guilt and 
the truth riddle me 
like a trigger-happy cop 
who loves his bastard nigrah grandchild.

My home is filled with 
the color beige.  It is 
the closest thing to commitment 
I can stomach.

I would rather refuse the 
pill of elucidation than be 
left with nothing to write about.



gcb poetry
2012




1 comment:

  1. You always get me with your writing dang it! I love the honesty of this, sometimes ranting is the best thing we can do for ourselves!
    *He told me to look at
    the positive side of things, I
    thought I was becoming a better liar.
    * ...ha nice!

    ReplyDelete